Sunday, December 2, 2007

Green Holiday tip for procrastinators who put up Christmas Lights

This post was half-baked about a week ago, so now it is for serious procrastinators!
Hopefully, you've already heard about how efficient and long lasting LED Christmas lights are. I mean, it was on CNN! The only downside is the price, according to the CNN Report. The good news is, these LED bulbs are:


  • 10x more efficient than incandescent mini bulbs

  • 50x more efficient than incandescent traditional bulbs

  • long lasting: they don't burn out for, like, 100 years (ok, maybe a little less than that) and they don't break as easily...they're strong plastic, not thin glass.

And...aren't they lovely?

They have an earthier, richer color tone that I like.

So, right. The price. Look for them on sale early next season (or maybe you'll still find some deals this year). I found a great price at...well, I don't want to name names or anything, but...two syllables: first one sounds like "lost", second one sounds like "low"

































1 comment:

The Cunning Runt said...

Yes Karen, they are lovely!

I haven't pilfered a tree yet, but I seem to recall having a lot of bad strings of lights last year, so I'm on the hunt for some LED cuties.

Thanks for the tip!