Thursday, May 24, 2007

Cheating, a bit


Cheating, a bit, because I did not take this picture today. I (or maybe my husband) took it in 2005, in the hills surrounding Mt. Hamilton, just south east of Silicon Valley. The Nature Conservancy is working to protect this land, which is threatened by development on both sides: Silicon Valley on one side, and the Central Valley on the other.
Worth protecting, just for scenic value alone, huh? ...not to mention all the critters that live there.











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen -

I live and work in Silicon Valley - thanks for the neat-o picture. Where I work is actually in Coyote Valley, so I get to see the oak chaparral every day.

California must have been a freakin' paradise, and I hope will be once again.

Tengrain

Karen said...

So you are one of the critters TNC is helping to save!